Rules for modified sporting clays
- Gun should be kept empty and open except when shooting
- Guns must be pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- You may only load 2 shells at a time. Shot size no larger than 7.5
- Shells may be placed in a gun when it is your turn to shoot.
- Your gun must not be closed or charged until it is your turn to shoot.
- You may not change chokes after you step on the pad or hoop. Failure to comply will result in loss of all targets attempted (in that round) after choke change.
- If you require assistance, raise your hand to signal the trapper or puller.
- Eye and ear protection is to be worn at all time.
- Shooter must check gun when done shooting a station to ensure no live rounds are in the gun.
Target Presentation and Scoring
- Only two shots are allowed. Pairs may be presented as report(first target is thrown when shooters calls pull, second target is launched when gun is fired). Shooter will have the right to shoot twice at the first target. Regardless of the result, the other target will be scored as lost, unless both targets are broken with one shot.
- When shooting true pairs (both targets thrown on the call of the shooter), the shooter will have the right to shoot twice at the same target. Regardless of the result, the other target will be scored as lost, unless both targets are broken with one shot.
- In the event of a NO BIRD on the second target of a report pair, the first bird will be established as dead or lost and the shooter will shoot the second target as single
- In the event of a NO BIRD on any target of a true pair, no score is established and the pair is shot over.
- In the event both birds are broken with one shot, the result is scored dead pair